(San Jose student leaders and staff at the 2010 Statewide Leadership Retreat in San Luis Obispo)
CFJ San Jose is working to have the A-G Curriculum be the graduation standard for all high schools in the East Side Union High School District. The A-G Curriculum is the qualifying standard to be eligible to attend a UC or CSU university.
CFJ San Jose has chapters at James Lick, Independence, William C. Overfelt and Silver Creek High School. Their meeting schedules are as follows:
James Lick High School
Every Wednesday @ Lunch from 12:32-1:02pm
- Room 318
- Mr. Weinmann (American Government/ Economics)
- Core Leaders: Katia Lopez, Yesenia Friaz, Alex Martinez, Denise Dovali, Miguel Ortiz, Raul Lopez, Marelyn Contreras, Cesar Carrasco
Independence High School
Every Tuesday @ Lunch from
- Room C409
- Ms. Zausch (American Government/ Economics)
- Core Leaders: Debbie Dang, Najla Gomez, Mahjabeen Ahmed, Maliha Ahmed, Iva Hu, Tammy Luu, Steffie Ving, P.J Caguioa
W.C. Overfelt High School
Every Wednesday @Lunch from 12:25-12:55pm
- Room B-104
- Mr. Panahi (Biology)
- Core Leaders: Karla Armenta, Charles Im, Fatima Basulto
Silver Creek High School
Every Thursday @ Lunch from 12:15-12:45pm
- Room: C-7
- Mr. Dyer (English)
- Core Leaders: Phoebe Tang, Erick Campos, Tylyn Santos
CORE meetings provide a space for chapter and core members to further develop their political education and leadership skills.
- Meetings are student run.
Every 3rd Friday of the Month from 3:30-5:30pm
CFJ office-1971 Las Plumas Ave. San Jose, CA 95133
You want to get involved? You want to support our work? Great! Please call Janelle, Igdalia, Rosa, or Maura at (408) 272-0236.